For appointments & enquiries:
0208 686 1085
Out of hours Emergency number:
0776 611 2482
Simman Solicitors in London

We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards.

If you have a complaint, please raise the problem with the solicitor responsible for your matter, or if you prefer, our complaints partner, Mr Navaljit Singh Bakshi.

What will happen next?
  1. As soon as you have any concerns please make them known to the person responsible for your case either verbally or in writing. We would prefer that a concern were voiced rather than kept to yourself.
  2. If your concern can be resolved informally we shall be very happy.
  3. 3. If you feel your concern has not been fully dealt with please state your complaint formally in writing to:
    Complaint Partner, Navaljit Singh Bakshi, 83 South End, Croydon, CR0 1BG
  4. He will either:
    • Investigate the complaint straight away OR
    • Ask you for further information, which you are encouraged to provide as soon as possible. If we do not hear from you within a further 14 days Mr Bakshi will investigate the complaint on the materials available. If you believe that it may take longer than 14 days to answer the request please let us know the date when we may expect to hear from you.
  5. The person responsible for your case will be asked to give an explanation within three working days of your complaint or time for supply of further information by you.
  6. Subject to illness or annual leave of a person dealing with your case our aim is to give you a written response within seven working days of the complaint or in Case B within seven days of the receipt of the further information requested or time for the supply of further information if we do not hear further from you.
  7. If you do not believe our written response resolves your complaint please ask for an appointment at which you can put forward any points you wish to have resolved.
  8. If you are unhappy with the outcome of the meeting do please ask us to reconsider our response with your reasons why you believe your complaint has not been properly considered. We hope to respond formally within seven working days.
  9. If you are still unhappy,the Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  10. Any complaint made to the Legal Ombudsman:
    • Must be made within 6 months of the date of our final written response of your complaint
    • No more than 6 years from the date of act/omission:
    • or no more than 3 years from when you should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint.

    If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.


    Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


    Address: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

    Alternative complaints bodies such as Ombudsman Services exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and this firm wish to use such a scheme, if the internal complaints process has not been able to settle your complaint.

  11. If your complaint involves a case in which a fee earner has been involved, you may ask for the matter to be referred to by Mr N.S Bakshi, who will then investigate the complaint or if your complaint concerns Mr. N.S Bakshi, then please ask the matter to be referred to Mrs Nisha Juispass-Hill and vice-versa.
  12. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.

Please note that if you want this document explained to you in the language you are conversant with, please do not hesitate to seek our help.

Solicitors Regulation Authority

Simman Solicitors is regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority. The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you, if you are concerned about our behaviour. You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.